Chia seed pudding, the healthy recipe ready in 5 minutes
Chia seed pudding is a great way to start the day or even, if desired, to eat something healthy during the day or after dinner. It is not a real recipe because it is made by assembling three ingredients and then unleashing the imagination in search of the most interesting combinations in terms of creams, jams and fruit.
The benefits of chia seeds are manifold (click for more) and the fact that no cow’s milk or refined sugar is used, this pudding is not only healthy but also suitable for vegans, vegetarians, lactose and/or gluten intolerants and coeliacs.
Flavored chia seed pudding
You can decide to go pure or add fruits, cream, jam, maple syrup, fresh fruit or fruit compote (as in my case, berry compote) on top. Or you can add flavor directly into your pudding
adding, for example:
- Cocoa powder
- Peanuts’ butter
- Matcha tea
The following recipe is the basic one and it is suitable for a portion of pudding; to make it, you can use either a 125ml glass jar which you’ll close for the period of the rest of the pudding or a normal water glass (which on average contains 180-200ml of liquid) to be covered with transparent paper.
Chia seed pudding: ingredients
150 ml vegetable milk (coconut, rice, almond)
20 grams of chia seeds
2 teaspoons of maple syrup (or organic honey)
Chia seed pudding: recipe
1. In a jar or a glass pour, alternately, the chia seeds and the milk.
2. Once arrived at the half of the jar, start to mix together the chia and the milk so that chia will be well distributed and continue to add milk and chia seeds until all the ingredients will be gone.
3. Also add the maple syrup, mix well for one last time and put in the refrigerator, covered, for at least 3 hours. Serve adding fruit, dried fruit, jam or whatever you like.
Preparation time: 5 minutes + resting time (in the fridge)
More advices on how to make a good chia seed pudding
- Add the fruit or cream/jam in the pudding, pour alternately the chia seeds and the milk and then distribute the jam, the cream or the fruit then continue in adding the milk and the chia seeds until you get on the surface. Remember not to mix all the ingredients together;
- You can also place all ingredients in blender and blend on high to get a smoother pudding;
- The more the pudding rests in the fridge the better it is. The best thing to do is to leave it for at least 12 hours.
- You should eat the chia pudding within two days after it is made.
[Pic by Giuseppe Milo]