Pasta with hazelnut sauce and Parmesan cheese
Autumn bring to us one of the most beautiful ingredient we can use in the kitchen: hazelnuts. We can use hazelnuts for salads or cakes but also to make a perfect pasta with hazelnut sauce and Parmesan cheese which will make you and your guests very happy. A fast recipe to meet the needs of the most skeptical eaters and most of all to allow a big variation to your daily menu or even to make a good impression during a lunch or dinner.
I always use hazelnuts from Piedmont because, although they are often difficult to find and generally more expensive than any other, the result is significantly better both in terms of yield and in terms of taste.
You can also add anchovies to the sauce to give a stronger flavor to your pasta; you can also prepare your sauce 24 to 36 hours before using it, put in the refrigerator and use it as needed.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 250 grams of spaghetti
- 1 garlic clove
- 100 grams of hazelnuts without skins
- 70 grams of Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- Cooking water from the pasta as needed
- Salt as needed
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Ground hazelnuts
- While the spaghetti are cooking, prepare the sauce.
- Mix the hazelnuts with garlic and Parmesan. Add the oil and the milk continuing to blend to obtain a quite grainy and dry mix.
- Season with salt and pour water from cooking pasta until the pesto will not reach the preferred consistency.
- Drain the spaghetti keeping aside a glass of cooking water and toss in a large pan with the sauce, adding the cooking water from the pasta so the sauce will blend for good with pasta.
- Serve hot or warm adding more grated Parmesan and ground hazelnuts.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
(Pic by Giuseppe Milo)