How many chocolate cakes do you know? I guess you know a lot of them but there is one that surpasses them all or, if it’s not in the first position, it’s always a leading player: the chocolate cake with whipped cream and Nutella.
It’s not a light recipe (one slice is about 420Kcl) but sometimes it’s necessary to change habits and diet and make an exception especially in case of birthday parties or parties. It’s also a cake you can totally customize using sugar paste, chocolate ganache or just icing sugar like I did. You can also using gluten free flour for a gluten free cake.
This is a cake you can make at home, one of those cakes who remind you of family and happiness; it’s not a perfect cake but it’s a delicious one. And this is the most important thing.
For the layers (duplicate the quantities for 2 to get 2 layers)
200 grams of flour
200 grams of sugar
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
50 ml of milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
For the filling
Nutella cream (you can make it at home following this recipe)
Icing sugar (optional)
1. Divide the egg whites from the yolks and beat the egg whites until stiff.
2. Beat the egg yolks with the sugar and then, when the egg whites are ready, incorporate in them the beaten egg yolks, stirring from upwards.
3. Also incorporate the flour and beat with a whisk then add milk and cocoa. Beat everything well until it is mixed and the mixture is soft but not liquid.
4. Pour the mixture into a round baking pan and repeat the same procedure for the second layer and then, once it is ready, bake at 180°C (356 °F) for 20-25 minutes or until the cake is cooked but not too dry in the center. Remove from the oven and let the two disks cool.
5. Whip the cream and when the layers are cold, spread a large one with plenty of chocolate cream and plenty of whipped cream in an even layer. Cover with the second layer and put into the fridge. Shortly before pulling out the cake sprinkle it with powdered sugar; if you plan to cover it with ganache or the sugar paste it is good to do it before you put the cake in the fridge to make sure that it will seal perfectly.
Preparation time: 2 hours + cool down
[Foto di Giuseppe]