My easy gluten free bread recipe
If you cannot eat gluten, then you’re probably wondering how to make your life easier and have always something different to eat. Since I’ve been eating without gluten for a while, this is my proofread recipe for a very simple stuffed gluten free bread.
I always use 2 types of flour, both from Schär, the Mix it! Universal, and the Brot to give my bread a rustic look and taste; the filling can be chosen according to your taste and the most important thing is to use only gluten free products and also kitchen utensils to avoid any problem to you or the person you’re cooking for.
Instead of the two flours, you can also use just one paying attention to proportions; in case you choose to use only the Brot flour, you have to use more water and liquid otherwise the dough will be too hard.
What you need for 2 loaves
350 grams of Mix it! Universal Schär
100 grams of Brot Mix Schär
350 grams of water
20 grams of yeast
5 grams of maple syrup
20 grams of oil
Ingredients for the topping
1. Dissolve the yeast in the bowl with water.
2. Mix the flours in the bowl of the mixer then operate it and start adding the water with the yeast.
3. Stir in the oil and then the maple syrup and at the end add the remaining water until you’ll get a compact dough.
4. Place the dough in a glass bowl, shape it by giving it a rounded shape and moisten the surface with cold water.
5. Allow dough to rise for a couple of hours covered with foil.
6. Once risen, divide the dough into 2 loaves. Sprinkle the work surface with GF flour and roll out each of the two gluten free loaves on a baking sheet giving it a rectangular shape. Fill it and roll up.
7. Make the bread rise for 30 minutes then turn on the oven and bake for 20 minutes at 200°. Serve warm or cold, cut into slices.
Preparation time: 4 hours
Look at the video recipe and subscribe to my YouTube channel
Risultato: un pane semplice ma saporito e sicuramente invitante. Adatto per i celiaci, si rivela una scelta azzeccata per tutta la famiglia se non si vuole doppiare lo sforzo in cucina.
[This recipe has been created with Schär Italy and it’s part of the #gustosenzaglutine campaign. Pics by Giuseppe]