Kinder Pinguì cake – Easy recipe to make at home
The Kinder Pinguì is one of the most popular Italian snacks since 1993 and it’s loved at every age. The recipe to prepare the Kinder Pinguì cake at home is easier than it is believed because it’s basically a chocolate sponge cake filled with chocolate cream and covered with chocolate and whipped cream. The surface is then spread with melted chocolate.
The final result differs from the shop bought one and you can both divide the cake into slices to be put in the fridge or slice it when you need it. Just make sure not to be afraid to make you and your kitchen dirty and your Kinder cake will be amazing.
What you need for 14 Pinguì or a medium baking tray
150 grams of sugar
200 grams of flour
1 glass of sunflower oil
1 glass of milk
30 grams of unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
200 ml cream
Nutella or chocolate cream
2 dark chocolate bars
1. Whisk the sugar with the eggs and, flush and, always beating, add oil and milk. Add also the cocoa and only at the end combine the flour and the baking powder before mixing everything with a silicone spatula and then starting again to beat with the whisk;
2. Take a large enough baking tray and grease it with butter or margarine. Pour the mixture into the tray and bake in the oven at 150° for a maximum of 15 minutes;
3. Once cooked, remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool then cut into many rectangular pieces that then you are going to fill and overlap;
4. Whip the cream in an aluminum bowl and spread it on one half of the sponge leveling as much as possible;
5. Before superimposing the two layers, melt a bit of chocolate in a double boiler and using a spoon or a pastry pour syringe pour over the cream then superimpose the 2 layers and refrigerate for about 1 hour;
6. Melt the dark chocolate in a water bath and drench each slice inside using a pair of latex gloves and without too much pressure otherwise the cream comes out and opens the sweet. You can also pour the melted chocolate over the cake if you’re not going to slice it;
7. Put in the freezer for a few hours, pull out and eat!
Preparation time : 2 hours + refrigeration